- Conference Home
- Expression of Interest Form
- Sponsorship & Exhibition Information
- The Committee
Destination, Venue & Visa
Book of Abstracts
Abstracts open: April 2014
Abstracts close: Friday 1st August 2014
Notification to Authors: Friday 15th August 2014
Author Acceptances: Monday 25th August 2014
Draft Program available: Friday 29th August 2014
Full Papers for Peer Review: Monday 6th October 2014
Ph: (61 7) 5502 2068 Fax: (61 7) 5527 3298
The Archives - Proceedings, Interviews and Podcasts
Request Conference Updates
The Health Scoop magazine and online website is specifically targeted towards Nurses and Allied Health Professionals. We are the career and education magazine for health professionals distributed free of charge every fortnight. Our magazine is distributed to all major hospitals and clinics as well as rural and remote health centres across Australia. Our magazine and website provides readers with the latest in health news and events as well as career and educational opportunities.
6th Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium
The Practitioner's Voice
Albury certainly delivered a stunning backdrop to host the 6th Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium from 12 – 14 November 2014 at the Commercial Club.
We would like to thank our presenters, delegates, session chairs and sponsors who participated in making the Symposium a great success.
More than 240 delegates attended over the three days with the program including 9 keynote presenters, 60 session presenters, 20 panel discussions, 8 workshops, 13 poster presentations along with 11 trade displays.
The keynote speakers provided an excellent balance between policy, research, practice and a consumer voice. The committee would like to thank our keynote speakers:
- Mr David Butt, CEO, National Mental Health Commission
- Dr Joseph Dunn, Psychs on Bikes
- Ms Rebecca Graham, Executive Director, Mental Health, Country Health South Australia Local Health Network
- Mr Douglas Holmes, Consumer Participation Coordinator, St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney
- Senator Fiona Nash, Assistant Minister for Health Senator for New South Wales Deputy Leader for the Nationals
- Mr Arthur Papakotsias, Chief Executive Officer, Neami National
- Professor David Perkins, Professor of Rural Health Research, Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health, The University of Newcastle
- Associate Professor Russell Roberts, National Chair, Alliance for Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Senator Penny Wright, Australian Greens Senator for South Australia and Greens spokesperson on Mental Health, Schools, Legal Affairs and Veterans' Affairs
The Symposium theme, The Practitioner's Voice, looked to give a voice to those practitioners who are faced with the challenges of limited access to mental health services and support on a regular basis.
We look forward to your involvement and support of the 2015 Conference. Dates and location will be announced shortly.
What delegates said about the 2014 Conference:
- It was an extremely informative and very well organised symposium. I'm recommending next year's to all my friends!
- Absolutely brilliant with so much information. Networking was second to none. I met so many new contacts.
- Thanks for such a fantabulous couple of days. I have never been involved with such a wealth of talent, experience and information.
- Very good value for money, especially when compared with other conferences.
- A good mix of research and practitioner stories. A great setting for researchers to learn about work on the ground, and practitioners to hear latest findings.
- Very well organised and quality of speakers was exceptional. I love this conference; it was my third attendance.
- I learnt so much and were very welcomed by everyone I spoke to - organisers and attendees alike.
- The Practitioners Voice
- Rural and Remote Challenges: resources, professional development, employment
- Working in Partnerships: practitioners, consumers and carers
- Recovery Oriented Practice
- Cultural Engagement: working with Aboriginal people
- Resilient Communities through Natural Disasters
- Mental Health Youth Services
- Suicide Prevention
- e-Health, Technology and Social Media
- Dr Keith Miller, Senior Lecturer, School of Social and Policy Studies, Flinders University
- Chris Healey, Senior Research Fellow/Clinical Simulation Educator, Greater Green Triangle, University Department of Rural Health (UDRH)
- Dr Russell Roberts, National Chair of the Alliance for Rural and Remote Mental Health and a member of the NSW Mental Health Commission Advisory Council.
- Alison Delphin, Wodonga Adult Mental Health
- Grahame ‘Bonny' Gibson, Men’s Health/Family Violence programs
- Peter Sugg, CEO, Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association
2014 Symposium Sponsors & Exhibitors
To listen to their keynote presentations, please complete this form to receive your link.
The Association would like to thank the sponsors and exhibitors of previous symposiums.
|Network with the leaders and peers in your field. View the active discussions on the Association's Mental Health Blog.|