Thank You To Everyone For a Successful 2020 Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium
Over 300 professionals joined us online to hear from a stellar line-up of speakers committed to advancing rural & remote mental health care.
Australians in rural and remote areas are able to access mental health services at a fifth of the rate of those in urban areas. This increases suffering for those seeking mental health help, support and treatment.
Gain practical solutions to improve mental health services in Australia’s rural and remote areas at the Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium.
2020 Keynote Speakers
Dr Gabrielle O’Kane, CEO National Rural Health Alliance
Hon Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health, Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service and Cabinet, Federal Member for Flinders (Via Video)
Dr Denise Riordan, Chief Psychiatrist, ACT Health Directorate
Dr Daniel Rock, Principal Advisor & Research Director, WA Primary Health Alliance
Ms Caro Swanson, Principal Advisor, Mental Health & Service User Lead
Prof Stephen King, Commissioner, Australian Productivity Commission
Mr Tim Heffernan, Deputy Commissioner, Mental Health Commission of New South Wales
Mr Tom Brideson, Chief Executive Officer of Gayaa Dhuwi
Hon Chris Bowen, Shadow Minister for Health, Australian Government
2020 Keynote Plenary Panel
Dr Alison Schafer, Mental Health Expert, WHO
Professor Phil Batterham, Professor at the Centre for Mental Health Research, Australian National University
Dr Ruth Vine, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Mental Health, Department of Health
Professor David Forbes, Director, Phoenix Australia
Mental Health in Rural and Remote Areas
The virtual Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium pass gives you the practical advice and tools you need to advance rural and remote mental health.
– Live stream access to ALL plenary sessions: create your own personalised program
– Real time Q&A opportunities
– Online meeting hub access: meet and chat with like-minded professionals
– Resource centre access to ALL concurrent session audio and visual material, (provided 2-3 days post-event)
– Access to our virtual exhibitor hall: discover the latest developments and innovations in mental health care, and connect with exhibitors via live chat
– Opportunities to win prizes by interacting with virtual exhibitors
– Over 10 hours towards CPD points, AND
– Your personalised certificate of attendance
In less than 3 minutes you'll be closer to the knowledge you need to make an impact
Use our highly engaging digital platform for an interactive and engaging virtual learning experience.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Gain the insight, advice and skills to advance mental health care for our rural and remote communities