MONDAY, 29TH APRIL TO WEDNESDAY, 1ST MAY 2024
Presenting at AddictionZ 2024
Share your work at AddictionZ
Why present at AddictionZ?
- Share your experience and expertise with the AddictionZ community.
- Lend your voice to the conversation about shaping the future of prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Inspire your peers with fresh ideas, insights and research, case studies and examples.
- Build your reputation and enhance your professional profile.
- Grow in self-confidence, leadership and influence.
Theme and Topics
In 2024, our conference theme is:
Embracing Hope through Empowering Pathways: Integrated Approaches to Prevention, Treatment and Recovery
We will explore the following topics:
Unveiling the Bond: Exploring the Trauma-Addiction Connection:
- Trauma to Transformation: Uniting Understanding, Treatment and Recovery in Addiction Care
- Society and Systems: Empathic Approaches to Healing and Recovery in Addiction, Mental Health and Trauma within the Social Context
- Empowering Resilience: Nurturing and Understanding Trauma, Cultural Sensitivity and Family Dynamics
Breaking New Ground: Exploring the Latest Advancements in Addiction Treatment
- Revealing the Future: Exploring Emerging Trends in Addiction Support
- Exploring the Potential of Innovative Technologies and Digital Interventions in Addiction Treatment
- Revolutionising Recovery: Harnessing the Power of Artificial Intelligence in Addiction Support
- Therapeutic Approaches: Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy
- Neurobiology of Addiction: Understanding Brain Mechanisms
- Ethics in Addiction Research and Treatment: Ensuring Patient Welfare and Confidentiality
Breaking Free: Understanding Non-Substance Dependencies in Addiction
- Understanding Behavioural Addictions: Expanding the Scope of Addiction Support
- Gaming to Gambling and the Digital World: Investigating the Frontiers of Technology and Addiction
- Breaking the Taboo: Recognising and Treating Sex and Pornography Addictions
- Building Resilience: Strategies for Overcoming Non-Substance Addictions
- Sexual Wellbeing and Relationship Dynamics
Reshaping Addiction Care: Promoting Holistic Healing for Diverse Addictions
- Breaking the Stigma: Adopting a Person-Centred Approach
- The Power of Connection: Fostering Supportive Communities in Addiction Healing
- Embracing Wellness: Promoting Physical and Mental Health in Addiction Support
- Exploring Integrative Approaches: Balancing Mind, Body and Spirit in Addiction Recovery
- Promoting Recovery Capital: Building Resilience and Sustaining Long-Term Recovery
Celebrating Ancestry, Empowering Recovery: Advancing Addiction Care in First Nations, Indigenous and Marginalised Communities
- Cultural Resilience: Honouring Traditions in Addiction Recovery
- Connecting to Country as a healing modality
- Addressing Historical Trauma: Healing the Past, Embracing the Future
- Community-Centred Approaches: Strengthening Support Systems in Vulnerable Communities
- Inclusive Care: Tailoring Addiction Services to Cultural and Linguistic Needs
- Empowering Voices: Amplifying Indigenous and First Nations Perspectives in Addiction Support
- Cultivating Trust and Collaboration in Diverse Communities
Addressing Substance and Behavioural Addictions: Navigating Harm Reduction Strategies within Legal Constraints
- Prevention through Policy: Promoting Safer Consumption and Harmful Gambling
- Alcohol and Gambling Advertising and Marketing: Exploring Ethical Constraints and Impact on Harm Reduction
- Industry Responsibility: Advocating for Ethical Practices in Alcohol and Gambling
- Socioeconomic Factors and Addiction: Tackling Inequality, The Role of the System and Access to Support
Transforming Addiction: Justice, Policies and Law Reform for Lasting Change
- Redefining Justice: Ensuring equitable access to treatment, support services and addressing systemic barriers and disparities
- Evolving Policies for Effective Treatment: Evidence-based approaches to policy development
- Legal Reforms for a Progressive Approach: Decriminalisation and alternatives to incarceration
- Shifting from punitive to rehabilitative justice: enhanced reintegration treatment to reduce recidivism
- Intersectionality in Policy Development: Understanding the impact of addiction on marginalised communities
Take to the stage and present to the audience in a 15 or 25 minutes speaking session with 5 minutes for questions.
Keep the attention of attendees via engaging, hands-on learning experience in a 90 minute masterclass.
Panel presentations bring together views from a group of presenters into a discussion of innovative ideas, current topics, and relevant issues. Each panel session will run for 60 minutes and will consist of at least 3 panel members.
Visually showcase your research or services via a printed poster, displayed in the conference exhibition area for the duration of the conference. A dedicated 10 minute poster session is included in the conference program.
|Presentation applications open
|Thursday 5 October 2023
|Presentation applications close
|Friday 27 October 2023
|Notifications to presenters
|Monday 27 November 2023
|Acceptances and registrations due
|Monday 4 December 2023
|Tuesday 5 December 2023
|Early bird ends
|Friday 10 March, 2024
|Friday 24 February 2024
|Monday 29th April – Wednesday 1st May 2024