What will you gain from AddictionZ?
Who attends AddictionZ?
Here’s a snapshot of delegates who typically attend AddictionZ
AddictionZ brings together mental and behavioral health professionals, peer and support workers, people with lived experience, as well as government and policy professionals within the AOD sector.
- AOD sector workers and mental health professionals
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Case workers
- Addiction specialists and NGOs
- Allied health workers
- Rehab facility workers and leaders
- Research officers
- AOD case managers
- Government representatives and policy makers
- Indigenous liaison manager
- Youth workers
- Social workers
- Community support workers
Is AddictionZ for me?
Yes! AddictionZ is the conference for you if you’re looking for….
- Honest and brave conversations around addictions, mental and behavioural health.
- Thoughtful sessions from some of the sector’s leading minds.
- A platform to ask the big questions and address the more pressing issues within the sector.
- Information on new ideas, holistic treatments, innovations and technologies supporting sector professionals.
- A break away from your every-day to focus on the future of the sector.
What will I gain from attending AddictionZ?
Connection, Fresh Thinking, Support
- Connect with your peers across the AOD, mental and behavioural health sector; learn from each other, network and share.
- Be refreshed with new ideas and innovative approaches to treatment and recovery models.
- Walk away engergised by the changing landscape of the sector and your future within it.
- A personalised letter of attendance
- Over 10 hours towards CPD
- Access to the conference app
- Access to all recorded keynote and concurrent presentations (For 30 days)
The Fun Stuff
Attend AddictionZ on the Gold Coast and enjoy:
- An exclusive welcome networking function with drinks and canapes
- A 5-star catering package for the entire conference with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- The chance to win awesome prizes at the event
- Chillout mindfulness zones
- Special extras we organise for all delegates
- Returning delegate gift if you’re joined the conference in past years
- Introductions to exhibition partners to see what’s new and interesting in the sector
The AddictionZ Program
What will I hear at AddictionZ?
Embracing Hope through Empowering Pathways: Integrated Approaches to Prevention, Treatment and Recovery.
This year's topics are:
Unveiling the Bond: Exploring the Trauma-Addiction Connection:
- Trauma to Transformation: Uniting Understanding, Treatment and Recovery in Addiction Care
- Society and Systems: Empathic Approaches to Healing and Recovery in Addiction, Mental Health and Trauma within the Social Context
- Empowering Resilience: Nurturing and Understanding Trauma, Cultural Sensitivity and Family Dynamics
Breaking New Ground: Exploring the Latest Advancements in Addiction Treatment
- Revealing the Future: Exploring Emerging Trends in Addiction Support
- Exploring the Potential of Innovative Technologies and Digital Interventions in Addiction Treatment
- Revolutionising Recovery: Harnessing the Power of Artificial Intelligence in Addiction Support
- Therapeutic Approaches: Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy
- Neurobiology of Addiction: Understanding Brain Mechanisms
- Ethics in Addiction Research and Treatment: Ensuring Patient Welfare and Confidentiality
Breaking Free: Understanding Non-Substance Dependencies in Addiction
- Understanding Behavioural Addictions: Expanding the Scope of Addiction Support
- Gaming to Gambling and the Digital World: Investigating the Frontiers of Technology and Addiction
- Breaking the Taboo: Recognising and Treating Sex and Pornography Addictions
- Building Resilience: Strategies for Overcoming Non-Substance Addictions
- Sexual Wellbeing and Relationship Dynamics
Reshaping Addiction Care: Promoting Holistic Healing for Diverse Addictions
- Breaking the Stigma: Adopting a Person-Centred Approach
- The Power of Connection: Fostering Supportive Communities in Addiction Healing
- Embracing Wellness: Promoting Physical and Mental Health in Addiction Support
- Exploring Integrative Approaches: Balancing Mind, Body and Spirit in Addiction Recovery
- Promoting Recovery Capital: Building Resilience and Sustaining Long-Term Recovery
Celebrating Ancestry, Empowering Recovery: Advancing Addiction Care in First Nations, Indigenous and Marginalised Communities
- Cultural Resilience: Honouring Traditions in Addiction Recovery
- Connecting to Country as a healing modality
- Addressing Historical Trauma: Healing the Past, Embracing the Future
- Community-Centred Approaches: Strengthening Support Systems in Vulnerable Communities
- Inclusive Care: Tailoring Addiction Services to Cultural and Linguistic Needs
- Empowering Voices: Amplifying Indigenous and First Nations Perspectives in Addiction Support
- Cultivating Trust and Collaboration in Diverse Communities
Addressing Substance and Behavioural Addictions: Navigating Harm Reduction Strategies within Legal Constraint
- Prevention through Policy: Promoting Safer Consumption and Harmful Gambling
- Alcohol and Gambling Advertising and Marketing: Exploring Ethical Constraints and Impact on Harm Reduction
- Industry Responsibility: Advocating for Ethical Practices in Alcohol and Gambling
- Socioeconomic Factors and Addiction: Tackling Inequality, The Role of the System and Access to Support
Transforming Addiction: Justice, Policies and Law Reform for Lasting Change
- Redefining Justice: Ensuring equitable access to treatment, support services and addressing systemic barriers and disparities
- Evolving Policies for Effective Treatment: Evidence-based approaches to policy development
- Legal Reforms for a Progressive Approach: Decriminalisation and alternatives to incarceration
- Shifting from punitive to rehabilitative justice: enhanced reintegration treatment to reduce recidivism
- Intersectionality in Policy Development: Understanding the impact of addiction on marginalised communities
The AddictionZ Committee
The sector leaders who help create AddictionZ 2024
Registrations will open Tuesday, 5th December, 2023
Register your interest to attend AddictionZ 2024
What People Are Saying
Where It's Happening
Venue & Accommodation
AddictionZ 2024 will be held at:
JW Marriott Gold Coast Resort & Spa, QLD.
Accommodation is optional and can be booked during registration.
Guest room with breakfast for up to 2 guests - $370