The 10th Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium will this year be held over 15 – 17 October 2018 at the Hotel Grand Chancellor, Hobart, Tasmania.
The Symposium is celebrating 10 years of important discussions and education, providing a platform for collaboration of like-minded professionals who are passionate about improving mental health services and mental health outcomes within rural and remote Australia.
Suicide and harm prevention, physical health, digital and low intensity mental health, child and youth, supporting the mental health workforce and consumer focused recovery are some of the topics that will be addressed at the Symposium
Abstract Submission is now open for those looking to present at the 10th Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium, being held from 15 - 17 October 2018 at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart, Tasmania.
Presenting at the Symposium provides an opportunity for you to share your knowledge, experience and expertise with like-minded professionals.
As a leader in the sector, we invite you to reflect on the remote possibilities of the past, to provide insight into the present and to guide the future for the mental wellbeing of rural Australians.
Symposium topics include (but are not limited to):
- Suicide and self-harm prevention
- Child, youth and adolescent mental health
- Supporting rural and (very) remote mental health workers
- Mental health policy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health
- Mentally healthy workplaces
- Dual diagnosis, mental health and AOD
- Cross sections of the rural and remote community, service design and access
- Social determinants of health
- Consumer focused recovery, living with mental health issues
- Digital and low intensity mental health programs
To be considered for the program, please ensure your abstract is submitted no later than COB Monday 25 June 2018.
For more information about the 10th Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium, topics or to submit your abstract for review please visit anzmh.asn.au/rrmh