Message from the CEO: Thank You For Your Support
Earlier this week we made the difficult decision to postpone a number of our 2020 events.
In the interest of public safety and the enforced restrictions surrounding COVID-19, we felt this the only responsible course of action.
Our team have been working around the clock to ensure smooth transitions to rescheduled dates. We will continue to update you every step of the way and thank you for your support during this challenging time.
On behalf of the Association, I would also like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all health professionals, leaders, workers and volunteers working tirelessly throughout this challenging time. Your work is a humbling reminder of the importance of continued advancement, education and awareness for our mental health industry.
I look forward to meeting with you and again extend my thanks to you for your patience and understanding.
CEO, Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association
Welcome to the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association
At the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association (ANZMH), we are committed to advancing the understanding of mental health for the benefit of all.
As a non-government, non for profit association, we believe in the power of sharing knowledge, spreading the word on progress and developments in mental health research and treatment, and supporting our dedicated and passionate industry professionals.
We want to give all mental health professionals the chance to become part of a growing community of practitioners, scholars and researchers, to expand their networks and share experience, new learnings, studies, and projects and passions with like-minded individuals.
We support the professional needs of the mental health community through:
- Providing mental health professionals and workers the opportunity to expand their knowledge through our annual conferences and symposiums
- Giving mental health workers and professionals a platform to share research, give project updates and voice opinions in all aspects of mental health
- Offering discounted professional indemnity insurance to assist mental health professionals in their career advancement
- Advocating for mental health best practice and improved mental health services
We welcome and encourage all mental health professionals to join us.
Mental health professionals in the following vocations will benefit from participating in ANZMH Association activities:
- Speech Pathologists
- Clinical Nurses
- Lived Experience Peer Workers
- Social and Support Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Professors and Lecturers
- Local/State/Commonwealth Government Members and Workers
- Aged Care Providers
To educate professionals, advance knowledge for carers and consumers and advocate for improved mental health services.
We achieve this through hosting and supporting several conferences throughout the year, each of which highlight specific elements within the wider spectrum of mental health.
- To provide mental health knowledge to professional and mental health workers through our conferences and programs
- To educate and train professionals in mental health practices
- To advance knowledge and research in the field
- To advocate for improved mental health best practice and mental health services
Don’t miss our upcoming conferences
Our Information Feeds
STOP Domestic Violence Blog
- How to Use Mindfulness to Cope with Trauma
- Physical vs Mental Grounding Techniques to Quit Distressing Thoughts
- The (Accidental) Primary Prevention Practitioner: Are You Ever Really ‘Not at Work’?
- Beyond Now: Domestic Violence Survivors Creating a Roadmap for the Journey After Abuse
- A Personal Response to the Latest Family Law Inquiry
ANZ Mental Health Association Blog
- 10 Self Care Activities Instead Of Scrolling On Social Media
- How Exactly Should You Manage COVID-19 Anxiety?
- How Finding a Hobby Can Improve Your Mental Health
- How Creating a Writing Practice Can Better Your Mental Health
- 5 Reasons Why Highly Sensitive People Should Practice Yoga to Improve Mental Health