Welcome to the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association
At the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association (ANZMH), we are committed to advancing the understanding of mental health for the benefit of all.
As a non-government, non for profit association, we believe in the power of sharing knowledge, spreading the word on progress and developments in mental health research and treatment, and supporting our dedicated and passionate industry professionals.
We want to give all mental health professionals the chance to become part of a growing community of practitioners, scholars and researchers, to expand their networks and share experience, new learnings, studies, and projects and passions with like-minded individuals.
We support the professional needs of the mental health community through:
- Providing mental health professionals and workers the opportunity to expand their knowledge through our annual conferences and symposiums
- Giving mental health workers and professionals a platform to share research, give project updates and voice opinions in all aspects of mental health
- Offering discounted professional indemnity insurance to assist mental health professionals in their career advancement
- Advocating for mental health best practice and improved mental health services
We welcome and encourage all mental health professionals to join us.
Mental health professionals in the following vocations will benefit from participating in ANZMH Association activities:
- Clinical Nurses
- Lived Experience Peer Workers
- Social and Support Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Professors and Lecturers
- Local/State/Commonwealth Government Members and Workers
- Aged Care Providers
To educate professionals, advance knowledge for carers and consumers and advocate for improved mental health services.
We achieve this through hosting and supporting several conferences throughout the year, each of which highlight specific elements within the wider spectrum of mental health.
- To provide mental health knowledge to professional and mental health workers through our conferences and programs
- To educate and train professionals in mental health practices
- To advance knowledge and research in the field
- To advocate for improved mental health best practice and mental health services
Don’t miss our upcoming conferences
Our information feeds
ANZ Mental Health Blog
- How Mental Health Apps Can Be an Alternative Therapy
- How Deep Breath Can Be Helpful for Mental Health
- Top Mental Health Problems for College Students Today
- NSW State Insurance Regulatory Authority: Mental Health Recovery @ Work
- Royal Flying Doctor Service: Accessible Mental Health Care For All Australians