Welcome to the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association
The importance of mental health to the wellbeing and productivity of our communities in Australia and New Zealand is becoming much better appreciated. This awareness combined with gradual reductions in stigma around mental health conditions means the thirst for greater knowledge about mental health is rapidly increasing, both for the public and for professionals working in the field.
At the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association (ANZMH), we are committed to advancing the understanding of mental health for the benefit of all. We believe in the power of sharing knowledge, spreading the word on progress and developments in mental health research and treatment, and supporting our dedicated and passionate industry professionals.
We want to give all mental health professionals the chance to become part of a growing community of practitioners, scholars and researchers, to expand their networks and share experience, new learnings, studies, and projects and passions with like-minded individuals.
We support the professional needs of the mental health community through:
- Providing mental health professionals and workers the opportunity to expand their knowledge through our annual conferences and symposiums
- Giving mental health workers and professionals a platform to share research, give project updates and voice opinions in all aspects of mental health
- Offering discounted professional indemnity insurance to assist mental health professionals in their career advancement
- Advocating for mental health best practice and improved mental health services
We welcome and encourage all mental health professional to make use of our services. Mental health professionals in the following vocations will benefit from participating in ANZMH Association activities:
- Clinical Nurses
- Social and Support Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Professors and Lecturers
- Local/State/Commonwealth Government members and workers
- Aged Care Providers
We are a non-government, non-for-profit organisation dedicated to exploring and advancing the field of mental health.
Through the sharing of research, education and advocacy, our role is to educate professionals, advance knowledge for carers and consumers and advocate for improved mental health services.
We host and support several conferences throughout the year, each of which encompass specific elements within the wider spectrum of mental health.
- Provide mental health knowledge to professional and mental health workers through our conferences and programs
- Educate and train professionals in mental health practices
- Advance knowledge and research in the field
- Advocate for improved mental health best practice and mental health services
Don’t miss our upcoming conferences
Our information feeds
Eating Disorders & Obesity Blog
STOP Domestic Violence Blog
- Female only fitness class tackles domestic violence
- Your Opportunity to Present at the 2018 STOP Domestic Violence Conference
- Domestic violence perpetrators praise police program helping them to change
- The Domestic Violence Statistics You Need to Know
- Join us at the 2018 STOP Domestic Violence Conference this December
National Employment Solutions Blog
- Centurion helps young indigenous graduates buck youth unemployment trend
- Your Opportunity Present at the 2018 National Employment Solutions Conference
- UnLtd launches marketing employment program for marginalised youths
- Injury, illness, or disability? Find or maintain a job that’s suitable for you.
- Join us at the 2018 National Employment Solutions Conference
No More Harm National Conference Blog
- Academic calling for change in handling of school bullies
- Concerns for students with disabilities
- Apple offers new tools to help control smartphone addiction amid tech backlash
- Trolls, fanboys and lurkers: understanding online commenting culture shows us how to improve it
- 4 Simple Ways to Try and Reduce the Harm Caused by Image Sharing Online