The number of Australians experiencing mental health problems in rural and remote areas is estimated to be comparable to major urban centres. However, the rural and remote community faces a greater challenge with limited access to mental health services and support.
The Symposium theme, The Practitioner’s Voice, seeks to give voice to those practitioners who are faced with these challenges on a regular basis. Abstracts are sort for the following streams:
- The Practitioners Voice
- Rural and Remote Challenges: resources, professional development, employment
- Working in Partnerships: practitioners, consumers and carers
- Recovery Oriented Practice
- Cultural Engagement: working with Aboriginal people
- Resilient Communities through Natural Disasters
- Mental Health Youth Services
- Suicide Prevention
- e-Health, Technology and Social Media
Abstract submission closes on Friday August 1st.
To find out more about the conference, visit the website